Saturday 15 January 2011

CHNC challenge 3: let's see some trees

Challenge 3: let's see some trees

Thank you for the super cards for challenge 2 - 24 lovely entries - you certainly all used your freebies and recycled elements to good effect. You might find that you can use some for today's challenge too. The main thing is: please don't put that Christmas stash away, but keep using it week by week to build up a good collection of Christmas cards so that there isn't a panic later in the year - you know it makes sense.

This week for challenge 3 I'd like to see some trees - decorated Christmas trees - indoors or outside - bare winter trees, snowy trees, whatever. They can be stamped, a digi, embossed, painted ... use whatever medium you like ... or find a freebie or recycled element that features a tree.

Here is my card for this challenge - papers are Websters and BG jovial. I covered a piece of chipboard with blue and green acrylic paint and then used white acrylic paint with my Inkaddinkadoo trees stamp, adding some white at the base of the trees. I used acrylic paint because that's the topic for this week's challenge on Jingle Belles and I'm trying to support them as they are also a new Christmas crafting blog (further details about the card can be seen here on My Crafty Outlook (my regular crafting blog):


I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 21 January. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

Remember, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card.

And you can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 22 January. If by any chance Linky disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.







This linky list is now closed.

18 comments:

  1. ow ♥WOW♥! hazel, this is fabulous!i am so thrilled to have a card STAMPED with acrylic paint, as well, b/c that's such a great technique...i ♥LOVE♥ how it makes your snowy trees POP right off the background! (which is also clever & painty & cool!) thank you so much for playing at JINGLE BELLES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees look so awesome stamped in paint ... it certainly does give them a gorgeous snow covered feel ... thanks so much for joining our Jingle Belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card. hope to get time tomorrow to get this card one. I have a couple great tree stamps and some SVGs that will look good. I might have to make a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel this is a stunning card!! LOVE the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the swirly paint in the sky! And I never remember I can put paint on my stamps! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Hazel, I love the texture the paint gives your trees x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work with the paint & the trees Hazel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really *super* love those trees stamped in paint! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really liking those trees and the background as well - it has a very arty, elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!! I love those trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those stamped trees look wonderful - and your background is so van Gogh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Hazel, Can you tell me where I can find the results of Challenge 2? Sweet greeting
    Marianne Schut

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marianne,

    There was no prize for challenge 2, so there is no 'result' - there was no random draw. I'm hoping to be able to give a prize for the first challenge in every month. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry Hazel - I'm called trees this week!! Been one of 'those' days! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the shout out at Jingle Belles on the card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your technique with acrylic paint is fab - will have to try it some time. As usual got in by the skin of my teeth - it's getting to be a habit now :( Some brilliant entries I see - in fact I'm just off to take a leisurely peek at some of the other's in close up. Regards, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late with my entry but it is on my blog http://traceyr-searchingmyart.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for the challenge.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments