Saturday 8 January 2011

CHNC Challenge 2: freebie or recycled

Welcome to my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog

Challenge 2: Use a freebie or recycle

Thank you so much for all the wonderful entries for Challenge 1 - 52 super creations - such a good start to this challenge blog. I hope you will return for this challenge and that others will join in too.

Big apologies that Linky closed earlier than expected - I can't explain this, so I suppose it must have been operator error! It seemed to be set for the right time and I've checked the time zone, but I must have done something wrong. I tried to change it, but couldn't.

Before I tell you about today's challenge, I'll announce the winner of the two Dovecraft card packs. I used random.org to randomly determine the winner:

No. 28 is:

This is her lovely card:



Please contact me at: hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your details so that I can post the cards to you.

I hope you still have your Christmas stash available - please don't put it away this year - get a head start for later in the year and keep a New Year's Resolution to make Christmas cards throughout the year - you know it makes sense!

For challenge 2 I'd like you to use something that you received as a freebie - it could be something that came free with a magazine, a free digi download, a swap from a crafting friend - or something that is recycled - perhaps something from a card you received or wrapping paper or pieces rescued from Christmas crackers ... it can be anything capable of being recycled.

You can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card.

And you can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

This is my card for this challenge - I used Bo Bunny 'believe' papers and tag that were free with Scrapbook magazine (further details can be seen here on My Crafty Outlook (my regular crafting blog):


I'd love you to join in by making a Christmas card - remember to use a freebie or something recycled - and add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 14 January. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

A new challenge will be set on 15 January. If by any chance Linky disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.








This linky list is now closed.

10 comments:

  1. hi hazel,
    happy new year
    sorry i didnt get to make a card for last week ,still better late than never eh!!
    with the help of your challenges i am gonna be super organised with xmas cards,its nice to make one because i want to not because i have to ....if you know what i mean
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, what a surprize and such a nice one on sat afternoon lol, will get in touch via email such lovely entries last week and looking forward to this weeks challenge ju x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats cornishmist!!! :)
    Hazel what an adorable image on your card.

    i have all my Christmas paper sitting next to my craft table *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, I adore your card! Love love love the mice ;o) Great challenge too as I have so much stuff I can't throw out ;o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only just found your blog. Don't think I'll have time for this week but will have a look at the next one. Good luck.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi hazel! i'm so excited that i could play along with your challenge this week--my card has a reindeer on it that was diecut from a flattened out soda-pop can, how's *that* for recycling?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, got my entry in by the skin of my teeth. Wouldn't you know today was the day I ran out of the adhesive tape so had to rush out and buy some to finish the card. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us tomorrow. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very late entry from me but it is on my blog now :)

    http://traceyr-searchingmyart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog a while ago now but have only just started to find time to make my Chrissy cards. Have managed a few on my blog to join in.

    http://snipsnapcrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments