Saturday 1 January 2011

CHNC Challenge 1: Anything goes as long as it's a Christmas card

Happy New Year

Welcome to my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge

Welcome to my Christmas challenge blog. Every Saturday I will set a challenge that involves making a Christmas card - you will have until 22:00 UK time the following Friday to submit your creation for this.

I hope you still have your Christmas stash available - please don't put it away this year - get a head start for later in the year and make a New Year's Resolution to make Christmas cards throughout the year - you know it makes sense!

Having just survived the mad frenzy of getting everything done in time for Christmas, we need a gentle start with these challenges, so I'm asking you to join me in 'anything goes' as long as it is a Christmas card.

You can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card.

And you can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

Not every time, but now and again I will award a prize for a randomly drawn winner. As it's New Year and I'm feeling generous, the winner this time will receive these two packs of Dovecraft Premium embossed cards, 'fantasy 1' and 'fairies'. As you can see, they didn't photograph at all well because they are embossed white, so it's hard for the embossing to show up.

These scans of individual cards show the embossing a bit, but they are much nicer irl:




This is my card for this challenge:

You can see the sketch I used and the other challenges I combined by visiting my regular 'My Crafty Outlook' blog. The snowman image is one that I selected for a prize for being randomly picked as winner on Shelly's TTT. The image is called 'all wrapped up'.

I'd love you to join in by making a Christmas card - remember 'anything goes' as long as it's newly made and for Christmas - and adding a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 7 January.

A new challenge will be set on 8 January. If by any chance Linky disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.

Please note: Linky tools was set to expire at 22:00 UK time, so I don't know why it's now closed. If you wish to add your creation please leave a comment with your link and I'll make sure it's included in the random draw.









This linky list is now closed.

30 comments:

  1. Looking forward to joining in as often as I can Hazel. Good Luck with your new venture. Happy New Year! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure you said 10am hazel-are you too excited LOL

    good luck with your new challenge blog-i will do my very best to keep up but i may need a kick at times:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab - all my Christmas stash is still sitting on my desk so this is perfect! Thanks for a gentle start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of this, but would have to find out about 'linking' first!!! Good luck Hazel! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the new challenge. Will try to enter as time allows. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Hazel :-) I have added my card via 'Mr Linky'
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I didn't put my Christmas stuff away ...... off to make a Christmas card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to do this, I didn't have many hand crafted cards to send this year :( Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Happy New Year!
    I kindly invite you to take part in my giveaway:
    http://zyrafowo.blox.pl/2010/12/rocznicowe-Candy-w-Zyrafowie.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here you are sweetheart! J thinks I am barmy hahahaha!!!!! I hope to join in when I can but can't promise every time, HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel just managed to upload a linky photo thingy & it worked for me! hehe.. Very Best wishes for your challenge blog. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Hazel as you can see I entered it twice thinking the first one had not worked LOL sorry about that x thanks for a great challenge x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel. I can not seem to load my card! Not sure why. Here is the link to my blog.

    http://jgsnook.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-never-too-early.html

    Thanks
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Hazel - I'm still in Christmas mode I think... I know it will be more of a challenge to create Christmas further in the year, and I plan to be here often!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping to join in as much as possible Hazel ............. I always have good intentions of making Xmas cards throughout the year instead of last minute - hopefully you will help me this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mr Linky seems to be gone. Here is my card. Hugs, Carissa
    http://carissa-creativeexpressions.blogspot.com/2011/01/is-for-anything-christmas_05.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you like my entry Hazel. Just think you would be better using Mr Linky than the one you are using as this one may put new folks off. Good luck and love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just the pust I needed Hazel, hope I can hang on in there x

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Hazel I am so glad you stopped over at my blog as I lost all my bookmarks awhile back :( now I am going to become a follower so I don't loose you again!!
    Look forward to your challenges :) your little snowman with the lights is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for letting me know about your new blog, I'm puttin' it on my list!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for showing me your blog - I will bookmark it and check you out each week!

    BTW, your card is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your new challenge blog is all linked up in my post :)
    Sorry I got interrupted and didn't get it linked up as soon as I added my card to your linky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the invite Hazel. Your card is beautiful. Entering two Christmas site blogs will definitely get me ahead this year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Hazel, I love the new challenge blog very much. I always make Christmas cards all over the year and try to join as much as I can Hazel.
    Have a very nice day, Hugs Ageeth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the link to your challenge blog - look forward to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Hazel! Uuups! I´m sorry I have forgoten to link my project back to your blog! I have done it now! Thanks for remember me! I love your challengeblog it´s such a good idea and I have now made a permanent link on my challenge list xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oops Hazel - linked my own photo and not the photo of the card first, couldn't find a way to correct my mistake so linked again this time showing the card, which is after all what everyone wants to see so silly me :( Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great challenge for week 1! I've made 2 cards for it but the linky is already closed so I can't add to the rest of the fab cards. There was me thinking just over an hour before the challenge ends was plenty of time!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments